Job title: Energy Efﬁciency Project Manager
Salary: £20 – 25K pro rata (dependent on experience)
Terms: Part time (3 days per week), 1 year contract
This is an exciting new post where you can play a key role in the delivery of a Green Deal contract with local authorities in the Portsmouth/Southampton area – the Solent Green Deal. We anticipate that the role will develop into a full time permanent contract.
About Local Energy
Local Energy is a social enterprise wholly owned by the Local Government Information Unit (LGIU). Our aim is to work in close collaboration with local authorities to deliver energy efﬁciency schemes. We are currently a small team of three; our ofﬁce is in London, but we work mainly from home.
Local Energy is a fully authorised Green Deal Provider and on-boarded with the Green Deal Finance Company.
Solent Green Deal (SGD) is a unique scheme. Local Authority ofﬁcers carry out Green Deal Assessments for householders, which they can send to any Green Deal Provider for quotes/plans. Local Energy is one of three ‘preferred’ Providers selected by SGD, and we therefore have the opportunity to propose Green Deal plans for householders who request one. If they accept, we will arrange the finance and the installation of energy saving measures.
The purpose of the post is to manage the delivery of our contract with SGD. This will involve writing, checking and approving lengthy documents and will include:
• Receiving Green Deal assessments from SGD;
• Liaising with householders to develop Green Deal plans;
• Gaining agreement on Green Deal plans and processing the paperwork;
• Liaising with installers to manage installations;
• Working in partnership with SGD authorities;
• Providing useful and timely information for management of the project.
Applicants should be equally able to work with householders, installers and local authority energy efﬁciency managers.
• Organisation of appointments and management meetings;
• Provision of timely and accurate management information.
• Communicating and explaining Green Deal to the public,
• Interpreting Green Deal assessments;
• Formulating appropriate plans for householders;
• Formulating plans which include ECO, cashback, RHI, FiTs and other ﬁnance;
• Formulating Green Deal plan offers using GDFC software;
• Performing occasional Green Deal assessments;
• Ensuring compliance with the Green Deal code of practice.
Installation of energy efﬁciency measures
• Liaise with installers to obtain quotes;
• Ensure measures are installed on time and to a high standard.
We anticipate the candidate will be a qualiﬁed Green Deal Assessor but training may be given to an exceptional candidate.
Experience of processing documentation for energy efﬁciency schemes.
Experience of energy efﬁciency installations.
Experience of dealing with the public.
Experience of explaining ﬁnancial information.
Experience of remote team working.
Experience of managing your own time and workload.
Ability to present Green Deal plans that householders will take up.
Understanding of the Green Deal code of practice.
Willingness to work out of normal ofﬁce hours.
Willingness to work from home initially.
Willingness to develop the role into a full time post.
We welcome applicants from the Solent area.
Driving licence and own car preferred (mileage paid) but not essential.
The starting salary offered will be in the range £20 – 25K, dependent on experience. Hours of work are 21 hours per week including evening and weekend working in the Solent area, which is centred on Portsmouth and Southampton.
Click here for a PDF version of this information.
For more information about the post please email email@example.com
To apply please send:
• A one-page (max) letter setting out why you want this job, what you could contribute, and responding to the Person Speciﬁcation; and
• A two-page (max) CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also supply:
• details of your current salary
• current contact details including email address and phone number
The deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 30th May (there is no ﬂexibility on this time). Interviews will be on Wednesday 11th June in Portsmouth.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 4th June and we will contact you if you are invited for interview. If you haven’t heard from us by the end of Friday 6th June, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.